Chenega Corporation Clinical Nurse / Medical Surgical - Part Time in Fairfield, California
CHENEGA GLOBAL SERVICES
Company Job Title:
Clinical Nurse -Medical /Surgery
Travis AFB, CA
SCA, Non-Exempt, Part Time,
Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.
Summary: TheMedical Surgery Clinical Nurse will provide Nursing Services as a Registered Nurse to the patient population at Travis AFB in the Medical Surgical Unit. This unit may include patients under the age of 18 years of age.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
· Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and make appropriate clinical decisions.
· Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost effectiveness.
· Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
· Makes patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
· Assesses patients. Uses the nursing process as a basis for professional practice. Demonstrates proper preparation of patients for treatments and procedures, to include surgical interventions. Provides proper care and evaluation of post-procedural patients.
· Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate communication format in addressing professional issues
· Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity in accordance with requirements.
· Recognizes adverse signs and symptoms and react quickly in emergency situations.
· Skilled in setting up, operating, and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other unit specific equipment.
· Performs a full range of nursing procedures such as: dressing changes, catherization, wound irrigation, intravenous fluid administration, blood transfusion, oxygen administration, vital signs, specimen collection and other unit specific procedures as prescribed by the provider.
· Completes orientation and competency verification programs in accordance with (IAW) unit guidelines.
· Participates in the orientation and training of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
· Serves and participates in committees, functions and other meetings as directed. Provides relevant and timely information to these groups, and assists with decision-making and process improvement. Participates in customer service initiatives, quality projects, and medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health services.
· Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies, and process improvement initiatives.
· Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications:(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
· Education: Graduated from a nationally accredited school of nursing
· Maintain an active, valid, current, and unrestricted license (with no limitations, stipulations or pending adverse actions) to practice nursing as a registered nurse in any US state/jurisdiction.
· Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a clinical nurse in the medical/surgical setting.
· Must possess and maintain Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) Basic Life Support (BLS) certifications.
· Experience with newborn to geriatric population.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of professional care theories, principles, practices, and procedures to perform nursing assignments of moderate difficulty and experience in assessing adult and geriatric patients, as appropriate. Utilizes the nursing process as a basis for professional practice.
· Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required.
· Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient conditions including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
· Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
· Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
· Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
· During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
·Education: Graduated from a nationally accredited school of nursing
·Maintain an active, valid, current, and unrestricted license (with no limitations, stipulations or pending adverse actions) to practice nursing as a registered nurse in any US state/jurisdiction.
·Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a clinical nurse in the medical/surgical setting.
·Must possess and maintain Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) Basic Life Support (BLS) certifications.
·Experience with newborn to geriatric population.
Job: Medical Services
Organization: Chenega Global Services
Title: Clinical Nurse / Medical Surgical - Part Time
Location: California-Fairfield- Travis, AFB
Requisition ID: 1700002429