Chenega Corporation Asset Management Tech DME CM Springfield,VA in Springfield, Virginia
Company Job Title:
Asset Management Technician - CM
Chenega Job Title:
Engineering Technician lll
Engineering Technician lll
Secret clearance required, plus ability to obtain Top Secret
SCA, Non-Exempt, Full Time, Regular
Summary:TheAsset Management Techniciansupports U.S. Department of State Domestic Security Installation and Repair Services.This position performs assignments that are not completely standardized or prescribed, selects or adapts standard procedures or equipment, using fully applicable precedents, receives initial instructions, equipment requirements, and advice from supervisor or engineer as needed, performs recurring work independently. Work is reviewed for technical adequacy or conformity with instructions. This technician performs at this level one or a combination of such typical duties as: (a) Constructing components, subunits, or simple models or adapts standard equipment; may troubleshoot and correct malfunctions; (b) Following specific layout and scientific diagrams to construct and package simple devices and subunits of equipment; (c) Conducting various tests or experiments which may require minor modifications in test setups or procedures as well as subjective judgments in measurement, selecting, preparing, and operating standard test equipment and records test data; (d) Extracting and compiling a variety of engineering data from field notes, manuals, lab reports, etc., processing data, identifying errors or inconsistencies, selecting methods of data presentation; (e) Assisting in design modification by compiling data related to design, specifications, and materials that are pertinent to specific items of equipment or component parts; developing information concerning previous operational failures and modifications, and using judgment and initiative to recognize inconsistencies or gaps in data and seek sources to clarify information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Limited travel within CONUS may be required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· Execute audits of the domestic installed inventory on a regular and on-going basis to insure that 100% of all installed assets are accounted for annually.
· Determines supply requirements from authorization documents or other media.
· Maintain Inventory Control through tracking of material through MAXIMO CMMS
· Work with Quality Manager to continually improve inventory processes
· Must be able to determine equipment serviceability using condition codes.
· Responsibilities may include: receipt, accountability, stocking and inventory of electronic equipment and components, data entry to query and enter information for supply, acquisition and inventory purposes, research and identification of parts and materials from electronic equipment and entering information database.
Non-Essential Duties:Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: NONE
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 2 to 4 years of relevant work experience
· Consideration given to relevant degrees or certifications associated with logistics and materials management or Access Control System installation and maintenance
· CMMS experience is preferred, but not required
· Secret clearance required, plus ability to obtain Top Secret
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Must be able to follow technical written procedures and documentation, including SOP’s, interpreting blueprints and parts lists to conduct inventories
· Demonstrated experience in using manual, mobile and automated inventory systems
· Experience with installation and maintenance of Access Control Systems and associated equipment preferred
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products
· Proficiency with MAXIMO CMMS desired
Diversity: Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
Ethics: Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically upholds organizational values.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
• During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
·High school diploma or equivalent
·2 to 4 years of relevant work experience
·Consideration given to relevant degrees or certifications associated with logistics and materials management or Access Control System installation and maintenance
·CMMS experience is preferred, but not required
·Secret clearance required, plus ability to obtain Top Secret
Job: Field Service Product Support
Organization: Chenega Management
Title: Asset Management Tech DME CM Springfield,VA
Requisition ID: 1700001491