Chenega Corporation Space Planner in Washington DC, District Of Columbia
CHENEGA WORLDWIDE SUPPORT, LLC
Company Job Title:
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
Summary:TheSpace Plannerwill work closely with GSA who is in effect, the “client” for all contracted construction and renovation work. GSA is responsible for any procurement of construction services. The Space Planner will also need to successfully interact with the various contractors and Bureau Managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
· Performs the full range of space planning work, following a multitude of steps to make a positive recommendation on space.
· Inspects present or proposed space to observe working conditions.
· Interviews each supervisor to become familiar with the essential space requirements of all segments of the office.
· Prepares a wide-range of contracts and performs a multitude of steps to prepare a contract for a project.
· Requests initial and subsequent USAID contracts to discuss and define the scope of work requested and to familiarize the requestor with USAID interior planning procedures regarding Federally owned or leased space and the procurement materials and services necessary to the project.
· Estimates the job costs based on the proposed scope of work. Prepares schedules to organize the tasks and timing of the job.
· Develops funding documents required to execute reimbursable work authorizations through the appropriate finance office.
· Prepares necessary administrative paperwork, including specific requirements, scope of work, schedules, cost estimates, vendors list and shop drawings.
· Manages programs or assists in managing programs responsible for the
evaluation of technical proposals. Reviews written proposals and technical shop drawings; conducts site visits; and amends the RFP.
· Issues work orders and follows up on contracts, solving difficulty problems that arise between placement of contract and final installations.
· Serves as the authorized contracting officer’s technical representative, representing the contracting officer in the technical phase of the project.
· Assists manager in estimating the amount of time a project will take and in scheduling appropriate resources.
· Evaluates project methodology; identifies production bottlenecks; and, develops corrective actions.
· Interfaces with vendors, programmers, system specialists, and end users. Acts as liaison with outside contractors in meeting contractual, technical and administrative requirements.
· Oversees repair of equipment, assists in electronically scheduling and monitoring CADD Operator’s daily work and prepares and implements plans for office automation development and improved methods.
Non-Essential Duties:Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications:(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
· Bachelor's Degree in related discipline or related experience
· 5 years of professional experience
· Secret Clearance required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office and its programs
· Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
· Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
· During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
·Bachelor's Degree in related discipline or related experience
·5 years of professional experience
·Secret Clearance required.
Organization: Chenega Worldwide Support
Title: Space Planner
Location: District of Columbia-Washington DC
Requisition ID: 1800000804